Our Handgun Mastery course uses our proven Scientific Shooting System to combine the science of performance with the best shooting techniques in the world. Beginner, intermediate and advanced shooters will realize immediate performance improvement as we show you how to use these principles in your training program.
We don't just teach you technique. We teach you how to use our system to build your own personal shooting system that is unique to you. We provide you with proven principles of performance as well as knowledge of how to practice, how to measure your skill, how to grow your skill. Proven mental training, conditioning, and strategies to help you become a stronger performer under high pressure conditions.
This class is right for you if:
- You want to be a much better shooter and performer, either for self-defense or for sport.
- You want to rapidly improve your shooting skills
- You want to learn how to practice effectively for continued improvement
- You have reached a performance plateau and are stuck
- You want a system that is tailored to you
- You want to get there as fast as possible and not take years to get there
- You want to feel confident in your skills and feel like you have the best training available
- You are a law enforcement, military, or civilian trainer and want to make your training program better
What We Teach
- The Fire Control Triangle: Grip, Platform and Trigger and how to stay in control when shooting at high speed.
- The Reactive Shooting Cycle and how to use it to analyze your shooting, grow your skills and reach your true potential as a shooter.
- Advanced visual concepts to speed up first shot target acquisition as well as processing shots during multiple shot sequences
- Advanced drawing and target acquisition - Learn to draw and shoot faster and better than you ever have before.
- Multiple target engagement - Learn how to engage multiple targets with accurate hits in absolutely minimum time.
- How to practice, what to practice, and how to set up a training program
- Using video to increase your performance
- Setting up guns and gear for high performance shooting
- Advanced mental training skills and strategies for performing well under pressure.
FREE Utah CCW Course
Handgun Mastery students can attend a free Utah CCW permit class on Saturday evening at the conclusion of their class. We provide all the paperwork, photo ID, and fingerprinting so all you have to do it sit back, relax, and then put your packet in the mail when you get home.
Other things to consider:
- You can schedule private training before or after your class with Ron Avery, our director of training.
- We offer VIP packages and discounts for groups.
- Consider a multi-camp discount. We have some students well past 10 camps and they continue to learn more every time.
Class will be held at our classroom at the Southern Utah Practical Shooting Range (click for map).
- Handgun suitable for extended use each day
- 1,750 to 2,000 rounds of ammunition
- 3 to 6 spare magazines
- Holster and sturdy belt
- Eye and ear protection
Ammunition is now available for purchase at the Pro Shop at our range.